"We expect to finish the project “Danges Krantines” by the start of the 2nd half-year of 2017 and we believe that this unique place in Klaipeda old town will become free from the disfiguring ruins”, – stated Agnius Tamošaitis, Head of RE Management Department of “Inreal Valdymas”. According to him, the internal wood frame structures, which are protected as cultural heritage, will be renovated in the buildings. Masonry work occurred in the post-war period, when the confectionery factory was established. The worthless red masonry facade will be replaced by clinker tiles and wooden trusses typical to the architecture of the port city – they will be restored in accordance with the remaining fragments and analogues. Roofing will be made of clay tiles. It is planned to invest additionally about EUR 200,000 into the territory arrangement and archaeological research.
The building of “Danes Uzutekis” (Danes Bay) located nearby “Danges Krantines” was finished in late 2014. The project development significantly contributed to the improvement of Klaipeda old town. The investments into the common areas of the territory and archaeology exceeded EUR 200,000. Architectural solutions of the building environment disclosed the shape of St. John’s Church, which was standing in 1562-1706; the perimeter of the church and its tower was restored using dark granite plates and tiles.
About the territory.
In the 16-17th century there were two churches for German and Lithuanian people located on Turgaus Str. 37, the former territory of Klaipeda Confectionery Factory: St. John’s Church and Lithuanian Church (Litauische Kirche). Preparing for the war against Sweden, the city started to build bastions along the city in 1627-1629, and due to the strategic defence reasons the Lithuanian Church on the right bank of the Danges river was demolished. Later, in 1706, St. John’s Church was relocated due to the expansion and heightening of embankments. When the bastions lost their defensive importance, the area was gradually transferred to initiative and entrepreneurial citizens. The first intensions to develop other activities date back to the second half of the 18th century, when the entrenchments were gradually transferred to the residents of Klaipeda city under the official permit of the King of Prussia. The warehouse of sea salt was located on this land plot; later – herring sorting warehouse. In the 70’s of the 19th century, when Klaipeda lost the right to sort herrings, the building was rented to traders. In the post-war period, a confectionery factory was established in this territory. The territory of the factory was fenced, developed with many industrial and auxiliary facilities. The confectionery factory preserved the old warehouse – all wooden supporting structures were left and covered with red clay bricks.
JSC “Inreal valdymas”, JSC “Inreal” and JSC “Inreal GEO”, provides probably the widest spectrum of services in Lithuania, related to real estate. Inreal group companies belong to SC “Invalda privatus kapitalas”. About 90 employees are currently working in Inreal group; mediations in lease or sale of more than 550 thousand sq.m of commercial premises, over 550 residential housing objects, and over 300 land plots. The company mediates in 50 residential housing projects, 24 investment projects, or their portfolios. More than 4,900 valuation reports and about 80 consultations (feasibility studies, investment memorandums, and market research) are being drawn up annually. The value of asset of valuation is above 725 million euros. Company offices or representations are operating in Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipėda, Šiauliai, Panevėžys, Mažeikiai, Alytus, Plungė, Taurage, Utena and Druskininkai. Currently JSC "Inreal Valdymas" develops two real estate projects: houses in Nida "Kopų vetrunges" ("Dunes weathervanes"; „Kopų vėtrungės“) and apartments and comercial premises in Klaipeda oldtown "Danes uzutekis" ("Danes Bay"; „Danės užutėkis“).